A shocking 31% of voters say it’s likely that the United States will experience a second civil war over the next five years, according to a new Rasmussen poll.
Breaking it down by race, 44% of blacks think a second civil war is likely in the next five years, while 28% of whites and 36% of other minority voters are similarly concerned.
- While 31% of voters say civil war is “likely” in the next five years, 11% say it’s “Very Likely”
- 59% of respondents are concerned that those opposed to Trump will resort to violence
- 37% of Democrats and 32% of Republicans fear that a second civil war is imminent
- Voters who believe the nation is divided has jumped from 50% before Trump’s inauguration to 55%
- 42% of voters say the country is headed in the right direction – a figure which ran in the mid-to upper 20% range for most weeks during the last year of Obama’s presidency
- 51% of voters blame Trump for his poor relationship with the media, however only 40% think it’s possible for the president to do anything the media will approve of.
- 51% of voters agree with Wisconsin Democratic gubernatorial candidate Matt Flynn, who said that his party is “pickled in identity politics and victimology.”
Given the spate of violence directed towards Trump supporters which began during the 2016 election which has most recently manifested itself in the form of stalking, public shaming and threatening Trump officials, it’s easy to see how nearly 1/3 of voters think civil war is on the horizon. There are also scores of leftist hate groups roaming around looking for a fight, as well documented by Far Left Watch.
Remember these charming incidents? (there are hundreds)
Chicago teens kidnap and torture a Trump supporter while they live stream from Facebook
ss=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”>ng=”en”>Elderly Trump supporter pepper sprayed by Antifa girl at a Berkeley rally. Girl runs away like a coward. #Berkeley #Antifa 😡 pic.twitter.com/TWjPjiArWR
— ZeroPointNow (@ZeroPointNow) March 5, 2017
Then there are the “fake hate” stories coming predominantly from the left…
And watch out conservatives… they’re ‘training’